The next International Children’s and Youth Choir Festival Halle (Saale)
will take place from 6 to 9 May 2021.
Terms and conditions of participation
- age of choir members: 8 to 18 years old
- number of choir members: max. 40 children/adolescents
- number of accompanying persons/choir leader/manager/bus driver etc.: max. 5 adults
- arrival and departure must be organized by the choir itself. It should be noted that travel expenses will not be covered by the festival.
- each participant must show proofof a valid health insurance coverage for Germany for the duration of the festival.
- festival fee: 70,00 € per person (the price includes 3 overnight stays with breakfast)
Only a limited number of choirs can participate in the festival. The selected choirs will be officially announced in November of the previous year.
If you would like to apply for participation, kindly send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- name of children’s or youth choir, country
- website of the choir
- number of all visiting choir members + supervisors
- two audio samples of the choir (not older than two years, please indicate title and composer)
- at least two current photos of the choir (in high resolution)
- short biography of the choir (coherent text, no key points)
- name of contact person, e-mail-address
The closing date for registrations is 10 September 2020.
Your registration does not imply confirmation of participation in the International Children’s Choir Festival Halle (Saale). A written confirmation will only be issued after the examination of application by the organiser. We will officially announce the selection of choirs by November of the previous year.
Each choir will present its own concert programme (20 min) as part of the festival concerts, including a traditional folk song from its home country.
In addition, each choir prepares about five songs, which will be performed together with all participating choirs at the open-air concert on the market square in Halle. The sheet music will be provided to each choir in advance for rehearsal.
preliminary schedule of the festival 2021:
Thursday, 6 May: 2 pm opening reception / 3 pm sound check / 6 pm concert
Friday, 7 May: 9 am to 1 pm workshops / 4 pm sound check / 6 pm concert
Saturday, 8 May: 11 am workshop / 3.30 pm open-air concert / 5 pm sound check / 6 pm concert
Sunday, 9 May: 10 am singing in church service / 12 am children’s party / 4 pm special concerts
We are looking forward to see you!